BER is proud to announce a new training opportunity: IECC/HERS Compliance Specialist. This is the first comprehensive code training available. While it is geared towards preparing HERS Raters for the Residential Energy Inspector/Plans Examiner exam, this deep dive into the content of the International Energy Conservation Code is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to have a better understanding of energy codes. The focus is on the 2018 IECC, but students will also learn about the history of energy codes, highlights of previous versions, and get a preview of the 2021 IECC under development.
IECC/HERS Compliance Specialist certification is a joint effort by RESNET and ICC. It leverages the skills you already possess as a certified HERS Rater, allowing you to expand your business by working with code officials to supplement the work of jurisdictions facing resource constraints that affect their ability to conduct the necessary reviews.
After passing the optional Residential Energy Inspector/Plans Examiner exam (additional $219), HERS Raters and RFI’s will be automatically qualified to obtain the IECC/HERS Compliance Specialist certification. Qualified individuals will be able to evaluate energy code compliance and home energy performance.
- Qualifies for educational credits
- 10 hours of RESNET Professional Development Hours
- 1 ICC Continuing Education Unit
- 2.86 BPI Continuing Education Units
- Features bonus training material
- Preview of 2021 IECC
- Practice test
- Coming soon: lessons on state-specific code adoption
- Train at your own pace from the comfort of your own home
- Eliminate missed time from work and travel costs
- IECC/HERS Compliance Specialist training includes
- 4 video training modules
- Periodic quizzes to check for program comprehension
- Cost-Effective – Only $349
- BER Rater members receive a $50 discount
- State-specific lesson $49/each or 3 for $99
- Created by industry professionals with over 60 years of combined experience