Rating Field Inspector Training
Certified Rating Field Inspectors (RFIs) are qualified professionals who perform field inspections on behalf of a Certified RESNET Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rater. RFIs work under the supervision of a HERS Rater gathering data and performing testing services necessary for a rater to complete a HERS Rating.
For professionals looking to become an RFI, Building Efficiency Resources (BER) is proud to offer a training program that meets the RESNET’s certification requirements. This program allows an RFI candidate to complete the training process at their own pace, around their own schedule. BER provides training materials and support throughout this process. Upon successful completion of the program, RFIs are awarded a BER RFI Certificate.
BER currently offers this program for the low cost of $600.
BER's RFI Training Program includes:
- CAZ Simulation Training and Exam
- RESCAZ Simulation training license
- Registration for RESCAZ Simulation exam
- Passing grade of 85% or better required
- Inspection and Photo Forms
- 3 Probationary inspections
- RFI candidates must complete five (3) probationary inspections with their chosen Mentor using the RESNET RFI Field Evaluation Form and RFI-FIELD-EVALUATION-PHOTO-DOCUMENTATION
- Specific requirements for mentor, inspections and photos will be provided upon account activation
- BER will provide requirement information and document storage
- Mentor will be responsible for form and photo review and field training
- All form and photo verification and 3 years of storage
- Graded Field Evaluation with a BER Trainer
- To be conducted virtually via Skype or similar app or during annual QA visit with RFI's mentor
- RFI Certificate
- RFIIN Application and associated RESNET RFIIN Application fee
- 1 year BER membership
BER also offers ENERGY STAR version 3 Training as an upgrade to the RFI Training Program with a package price discount of $99. This offer is only available in conjunction with the purchase of the RFI Training Program.
Add the ESv3 training for only $200 more.
Certified RFIs must complete ENERGY STAR v3 Training to be eligible to perform field inspections on ENERGY STAR homes. This valuable training program gives RFIs a comprehensive understanding of the ENERGY STAR program requirements. This training also qualifies for 18 RESNET Professional Development Hours which fulfills the requirements for recertification.