working at the ber
Thank you for your interest in joining BER! Founded in 2010, BER has quickly become one of the nation’s largest HERS QA Providers. BER clients are found throughout the US.
BER offers competitive wages, benefits and opportunities for advancement. BER team members have the added benefit of working from home most days. Our Field Quality Assurance team members travel throughout the US performing field QA.
If you are looking for a career with a growing company in the energy efficiency industry, BER might be the place for you.
Please check this page frequently for new career opportunities.
BER ENERGY MODELER
Building Efficiency Resources (BER) is a national energy efficiency training and quality assurance organization. As a third-party RESNET Quality Assurance and Training Provider, our mission is to provide our clients with industry-leading technical and customer support, while maintaining the highest standards in our industry.
BER is seeking an experienced professional within the home energy rating industry to serve as an Energy Modeler. This individual will primarily support our Professional Support Services (ProServ) team by performing energy modeling, HVAC design, and technical administration services.
Candidates shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- High degree of computer literacy, including fluency in MS Windows, Office, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in working with and performing takeoffs using architectural and engineering plans, details and specifications
- Strong knowledge of building science, HVAC, construction, energy efficiency programs and industry standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in customer service and support
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Significant experience as a HERS energy modeler, having rated at least 25 homes using REM/Rate, Ekotrope, EnergyGauge, etc.
- Manual J, S, D, and T modeling experience and/or ACCA certification, using Wrightsoft and/or Elite
- Commercial energy auditing/modeling experience using eQuest, BEOpt, COMcheck, OpenStudio, Trane Trace, TRN, IES, WUFI
- RESNET / AEE / NATE / LEED / PHIUS / NAHB / IR, etc. certifications
- Architectural or engineering degree or professional certification
- Knowledge and experience with field tools (blower door, duct blaster, IR, etc.), and performing field inspections, data collection and verification
- Current RESNET QAD certification
BER is a national company that conducts the majority of its business in a virtual setting. Therefore, our employees enjoy the ability to work from the comfort of their home office. However, travel may be required up to one month per year. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please send one page resume and one page cover letter that explains why you think you would be an ideal candidate for this position to email@example.com.